Materials and Care
Our pieces are handmade. Please treat them gently to give your jewelry the longest, happiest life. Avoid wearing delicate pieces during activities that may cause rings, bracelets, necklaces to catch.
Remember to remove your jewelry before sleeping, bathing, swimming, applying lotions, creams, sprays and oils.
Store your pieces in the provided velvet pouch to avoid scratches. Give your jewelry the night off and remove them before bed to avoid any pulls and tugs.
Alerina Jewelry uses sterling silver to create our beautiful handcrafted pieces. Sterling silver is an alloy of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper, this creates a resilient metal that will be able to withstand everyday wear.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to water, because overtime sterling silver will oxidize.
- However, the oils in your skin help keep sterling silver from oxidizing faster. So wear it often, and keep your piece in the velvet pouch to keep oxygen at bay.
- Wipe down your sterling silver pieces with the provided polishing cloth to remove any dirt and oxidization.
Alerina Jewelry uses high-quality 14 karat gold-filled to create high-quality demi-fine pieces to last a lifetime. Gold-filled is constructed in two or three layers on top of jewellers brass. The gold is bonded to the brass core with heat and pressure.
- Gold-filled can get wet. However, avoid prolonged exposure to water to preserve its shine and finishing.
- Avoid wearing gold-filled jewelry in the pool, saltwater and while using harsh cleaning chemicals.
- Ensure your pieces are fully dry before putting them away. Wipe off any oils and dirt and store away in the provided velvet bag and keep away from damp environments and direct sunlight.
- If oxidization does occur on your gold-filled pieces thoroughly wipe down your pieces with the provided polishing cloth to remove the oxidizations.
Cultured Freshwater Pearls
Cultured freshwater pearls are pearls that are created from freshwater mussels. Alerina Jewelry carefully selects each pearl for our pieces.
- Pearls should be the last piece you put on and the first piece to come off.
- Carefully wipe down your pearls with a soft clean cloth after each wear. If needed, wipe down your pearls with a soft clean damp cloth to remove any dirt and allow your pearls to fully dry before putting them away.
- Avoid direct contact with perfumes, lotions, harsh soaps and chemicals to preserve the pearls' natural luster and shine.
- Store pieces individually in the velvet pouch provided when not being worn.